The Initio INIC-162x provides advanced Host Adapter features in a single 128 pin TQFP package with 2 Serial ATA, 32-bit/66 MHz PCI 2.3 compliant, and Cardbus compliant interfaces. The third memory interface allows access to FLASH and Serial EEPROM devices. The Flash interface provides Read/Write access to the attached BIOS. The Serial EEPROM interface provides Read/Write access to the attached Serial EEPROM for bus configuration information.
PCI 32 bit/66 MHz Interface
- PCI 2.3 compliant interface
- Burst transfer rate of 264 Mb/s
- Built in hardware bus master engine
- Serial ATA Revision1.0a, Serial ATA II Revision 1.0 (Extensions to Serial ATA 1.0).
- Serial ATA transfer rate of 1.5 Gb/s.
- Supports two SATA/eSATA channels.
- Supports SATA NCQ, TCQ commands
- Support for 256K FLASH and Serial E2PROM
- 256 Byte data FIFO for each channel
On Board PCI Bus Master Engine
- On board Bus Master Engine relieve the system processor from book keeping and enhance performance
Uses Initio¡¦s Proprietary Host Adapter Mode of Operation
- Initio Proprietary AutoDMA mode (IDMA)
- Queued/Overlapping ATA Commands Support
- Disk RAID 0/1 support (only for inic-1622TA2/1623TA2).
- SATA hot plug/unplug hardware support
- Implements Power Management
- Full driver support for all Major Operating Systems
- BIOS supports for DOS, Windows and MAC OS(only for inic-1623TA2) applications without driver involvement.
- Supports Plug and Play allowing users to change configurations without the use of jumpers